Vocal & Choral
Speech & Drama
The Dance sections of the Toowoomba Eisteddfod provide soloist dancers and group dancers of all skill levels a performance opportunity with feedback from a specialist in their field. It gives the participants a goal to work towards that offers a greater focus for their practice in turn improving their skills overall.
Please read the General Rules and Division-Specific Rules carefully to avoid disqualification.
Refer to the Schedule for the specific rules for each Section.
Dance Solos, Duos & Trios – GENERAL RULES
i. Competitors in Solo/Duo/Trio may compete only once in that section
ii. Time Limits for all Duo/Trio (every age & genre): 3 minutes
iii. Time Limits for all Song & Dance Solos (every age & genre): 4 minutes
iv. Time Limits for all Other Solos (every age & genre): 3 minutes
Dance Groups – GENERAL RULES
i. Time Limits for all Group Sections: 5 minutes
ii. Groups may enter more than once in each section but must have 1 (one) different person in each group, they may not be exactly the same group.
To Play Recorded Music for Dance:
You may upload your music through the Stardom Entry system OR You may bring your recording on a device with an earphone jack
To Upload Recorded Music for Dance:
Music uploads are for Dance ONLY via the Stardom Entry system.
Login to Stardom and click the white arrow in the top left hand corner.
Stardom will link to a YouTube tutorial
The YouTube link is also below
How to Play Recorded Music for Dance:
1. All competitors are responsible for providing a supporter to play their music.
2. The player is provided by the Empire Theatre, and so will play the recording through the Theatre’s sound system. It is simple to use.
3. The player is situated in the auditorium in about row five (5). This is so that the person pushing the button can see the stage clearly and know when to begin the recording and when to stop it.
4. Your music needs to be on a device with an earphone jack. The equipment provided will not take a CD or any other medium.
5. It is advisable to have the recording on two different mediums in case one of them fails.
DIVISION 26 – CLASSICAL – SOLO
DIVISION 27 – TAP – SOLO
DIVISION 28 – JAZZ/UPTEMPO MODERN – SOLO
DIVISION 29 – SONG AND DANCE – SOLO
DIVISION 30 – DEMI-CHARACTER – SOLO
DIVISION 31 – CONTEMPORARY – SOLO
DIVISION 32 – NEO-CLASSICAL/SLOW MODERN – SOLO
DIVISION 33 – OTHER DANCE – SOLO
DIVISION 34 – STUDENT OWN CHOREOGRAPHY
DIVISION 36 – CLASSICAL – DUO/TRIO
DIVISION 37 – TAP – DUO/TRIO
DIVISION 38 – JAZZ/UPTEMPO MODERN – DUO/TRIO
DIVISION 39 – NEO-CLASSICAL – DUO/TRIO
DIVISION 40 – CONTEMPORARY – DUO/TRIO
DIVISION 43 – CLASSICAL GROUP
Dance Groups DIVISION 44 – TAP GROUP
DIVISION 45 – JAZZ/UPTEMPO MODERN – GROUP
DIVISION 46 – MUSIC THEATRE/SONG AND DANCE/ NOVELTY/ CABARET – GROUP
DIVISION 48 – CONTEMPORARY – GROUP
DIVISION 49 – NEO-CLASSICAL/SLOW MODERN – GROUP
DIVISION 50 – OTHER DANCE – GROUP
DIVISION 52 – EDUCATIONAL SCHOOLS ONLY