- This will be awarded to the First Place winner in the Open Contemporary Solo.
- To the value of $570, the winner will win a scholarship to the BCDI Winter Intensive from the 9th to the 13th July, 2018.
- To be eligible for this Winter School Scholarship all you need to do is enter Section 570, Open Contemporary Solo, in the Toowoomba Eisteddfod. The winner will need to be 12 years of age by the 1st July 2018.
Expressions Dance Company
Expressions Dance Company (EDC), based in Brisbane’s Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts, is Queensland’s premier contemporary dance theatre company. Since 1984 EDC has created more than 170 works and has enjoyed 22 international tours to 17 countries and 23 major Australian tours (including to Toowoomba’s Empire Theatre). Under the leadership of internationally acclaimed Artistic Director Natalie Weir (appointed 2009), the company has earned several Australian Dance Award and Helpmann Award nominations. Natalie’s signature works for EDC include where the heart is, R&J, When Time Stops , The Red Shoes, 7 Deadly Sins and Behind Closed Doors. EDC also runs workshops, including a Summer and Winter intensive for ages 12+. You can find out more about EDC at www.expressionsdancecompany.org.au
Other Scholarships and Bursaries offered through Toowoomba Eisteddfod Inc., are only awarded through application. Winners from the last Toowoomba Eisteddfod may not apply for the same award this year.
Application for Clive Berghoffer Scholarship 2018 will open in Part 2.
- up to $500
- awarded to a brass competitor in years 8 – 12.
Application for the John Burstow Memorial Trophy 2018 will open in
- $50 plus certificate
- Presented by the Burstow Family to the Most Promising Wind or Brass Instrumentalist aged 18 to 21 years.
Closing date for scholarship applications is: 5pm, TBA.